Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Six flags! Early birthday present! Projects! Oh my!

Our friends, Kyra and Tyler, came down this weekend to play with us! We hit up the beach and Santa Monica pier on Friday. It was a little chilly, but we did get a show by a man in a speedo that thought he was a beach model! Saturday we went to Six Flags! It was a BLAST!! I was so proud of Kari! He went on the huge roller coaster!! I didn't say he enjoyed it, but he went! So much fun! All the pictures are from the camera phone, but you'll get the idea!

Escaping the heat for a minute! It was so hot!

So excited for rides!!

On the train roller coaster. Kari actually liked this one!

"AHHHHHH!!!"

I'm surprised I didn't drop my phone!
Go me :)

We had to walk up this HUGE hill to get to the ride called the Ninja! (We found out later there was a freaking tram that could have taken us up! Grr...) So Kyra was getting help :)

Tyler decided it was his turn

Getting ready to ride the Ninja! Now, we had looked at this ride on the map and it said it was pretty mild. From what we could see of the ride, it looked pretty smooth. Come to find out, it was crazy fun!! Whipping back and forth and sideways and upways and downways! It was great! But it helped because it couldn't psyche Kari out too much, so I think he actually enjoyed it ;)

This was Kari's face most of the day haha
Just kiddin!!

So then we went up the 30 story tower. This is the view going up the elevator.

We were SOOO high up! It scared the crap out of me! I can handle crazy roller coasters, but not being up this high in a thing that's swaying!! Kari loved it...of course!

Kyra saw a puddy tat!

Ya gotta go on the merry go round! :)


Ride that horse, Kari!

Kyra's not too happy about the ugly horse she got haha


So ya! Six flags was a blast! We were exhausted by the end of the day, but it was well worth it! We had so much fun with these two! Can't wait til next time!

Labor day was a good day :) I've been vacuuming the apartment since we moved in with a $15 vacuum...that doesn't suck...which totally sucks. So I've complained and complained to Kari about it. My good husband decided it was time to get me an early birthday present!!

My new baby :) Oh, how I love Hoover!! (It's funny how I'm so happy over a VACUUM! I always thought my mom was crazy! I totally get it now :) I'm going to vacuum all the time!)

Ok, so this is NASTY!! But I had to show that I knew we needed a better vacuum!! I'm not just high maintenance!

This is Kari's early birthday present. The LA Times! It's so cute! He opens up our door every morning and sits down with his paper. I love my cute old man :)


Project time!
Kari's desk
So I forgot to take a before picture :( but it was just a light brown. So picture it in your mind...and now...

Tah da!! Cute, huh?! I love how it turned out! I really like the white handles. I was thinking about doing the drawers that color, but decided I liked this contrast better.

And of course I distressed it. I just love the look too much to not do it to everything I own!

We also painted our shadow boxes to match the dressers in our room.

Fun, huh?!

I just love how they turned out.


So that's it for now! Unfortunately, there's not really anything else to paint :( I am looking for some kind of end table or something for the living room, so when I find it and paint it, I'll post it!

We're just having a blast down here in Cali! We miss our family, but we're so excited for everyone to come down and visit! We really are living the life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment