Monday, January 2, 2012

November 2011 :)

November was an amazing month for us :) It started out with some ups and downs...We went to the hospital the first weekend of November, thinking he might be coming! My contractions were about 5 minutes apart, but they weren't very painful and I was only dilated to a 1. So they had us walk around the outside of the hospital for 2 hours to see if that would get things moving along.



At least the grounds were pretty!



So...besides giving me lovely shinsplints, that did nothing! They sent us home and my contractions stopped. It was very disappointing!
On the 7th, we went in to the doctor's for my check-up. i still hadn't dilated past a 1, but she decided to do an ultra-sound to make sure everything was ok. She found that Caden's fluid was low. We were a bit in shock when her next words were "Let's have a baby!" We rushed home, threw the laundry in the dryer, Kari grabbed his homework, we grabbed our bags, and we hurried to the hospital!!


 So excited!!



 I was pushing the buttons to raise the bed...just in case you were wondering!




 Little did we know, after all of our rushing, thinking things would go quickly, as soon as we got to the hospital, things slowed waaaay down. We got there at 11, they didn't induce me until 1, and we sat around all day long! My water broke around 7, and then we thought things were going to speed up a bit. I started having really strong, painful contractions and was dilated to a 4, so they gave my an epidural around 8:30 PM. When my doctor came to check on me around 8 AM, I was only a 5. She told us that I was not opening up enough, and probably wasn't going to, so they were going to have to do a C-section. Kari had given me a blessing earlier, and he had a feeling that was going to happen. He didn't tell me because he thought it would freak me out. I was very upset at first. This is not what we had planned on, and I had never even given C-section a thought. But I called my mom, and she reminded me that it is a miracle that they can do things like that in order to get the baby out. That helped a lot. It also was such a blessing to have my dad and Holly there with us. They were such a comfort to me. We were scheduled to go in to the O.R. at 9:00, and we had a little boy at 9:58 AM.


 Kari all ready to go in to the O.R.



 Caden Talmadge Olsen
21.5 Inches
8 lb 10 oz


 Proud daddy




After FOUR HOURS I finally got to hold my baby!!! I was ecstatic.



 That is his head, not the hat, that is so big! He was stuck in the birth canal for quite a while, so he had a major cone head! Luckily it went down quickly.




 Getting ready to change a poopy diaper


 He's my little snuggle bug :)



 Dad woke up in the middle of the night to hold him.


Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer flew out as soon as they could when we told them we were headed to the hospital. They were there for the birth of their first grandbaby :) It was so awesome to have them there! This is my dad standing outside the nursery looking at our little bug. He was SO much bigger than the other babies in there! Future football player? I think so!



  So cute :)



 LOVE his eyes :)





 

In every ultrasound, Caden was sucking on his hand. Being out in the world has made no difference. He LOVES sucking on his hand. It is so cute. He also loves to play with his tongue. We got a pretty cute video of him sticking it out for us :)



 Busting out of his newborn outfit



 Pulling funny faces


 Grandma Wendy came out and stayed with us for a week! Because i was there so long due to my C-section, she got to stay with me for a couple days in the hospital. It was so fun having my mom there with me!


 This is her little workspace back in the corner of the room. She enjoyed her view out the window of...
wait for it....
another building!! ;)





 They love to stare at each other. Too cute.


"Welcome Baby Caden" Banner made for us by our friend, Ashley.





 See?! Just staring...


 Hanging out with Grandma Wendy :)



  Taking a nap with his daddy


FINALLY get to go home from the hospital! Yay!








 No, those flowers were NOT from my husband. They were from my friend, Heather. Kari totally failed in that area!


 Having a blast getting his first sponge bath at home!




 His hair goes curly when it's wet


 All snuggled up in ducky towel with binky in mouth...now we're happy!




He is totally in love with Grandma Wendy :) And we LOVE her! It was so nice to have her just hold him sometimes. Being a new parent takes WAY more time than they tell you! So fun, but really nice to have a break every now and again.







LOVE his sleepy smiles!


 Kari's friend from school made Caden a gorgeous blanket with the alphabet on it and this adorable mickey mouse beanie :)







 Yep! Too big for this outfit, too!


Sucking on his lip :)


 First real bath! He wasn't too sure about it...



 Sportin the Tigger towel



 Hanging with his best buddy




 Thanksgiving! Kari's parents came out to stay with us. It was such a huge help to have them there. Plus they made some reeeeeeally yummy food :)


 Napping with Grandpa Shawn on the couch


 Great Grandma Kay gave him his 'My First Thanksgiving" outfit


 Turkey butt! Love it!


 Practicing how to pray






 Angela and Jim brought their kids down to Disneyland at the end of November. So of course we had to drive down to see them! Angela made Caden this adorable Utes hat!


Cousins :)


 Lovin' on Aunt Angela


November went by extremely fast! It was so much fun. We love our new little buddy. He makes our lives significantly more exciting :) His little personality comes out more and more everyday. Who knew parenting would be such a blast?!

1 comment:

  1. This way by far the best blog I have ever read in my life! I loved reading about the birth story and see how he has changed in a month! He is just TOO cute, and you are just the sweetest mom ever! I'm also pretty sure that you looked far too small to have an 8 pound baby!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete